Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jane Austen Fan!

Jane Austen's EMMAImage by allie™ via Flickr

I love Jane Austen, as I have stated earlier. I found a blog of a woman who took this quiz and I thought I would add it here on mine. I am Elizabeth Bennett, the heroine of the very first Jane Austen book I ever read, 'Pride and Prejudice'! I can see it. (I'm having a problem with getting the thing on here. I'll try it again and hopefully I'll get it.)
FYI-I first got interested in Jane Austen while watching 'You've Got Mail'. Pride and Prejudice was Kathlene Kelly's (Meg Ryan's character) favorite book because she gets "caught up in the language." This picture, of course, depicts the book 'Emma', which was the second book of hers I read. I have both of these and all of the others (my sweetie went out and bought them for me!) except for 'Sense and Sensibility', but I did see the BBC miniseries and the movie with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. (Wonderful movie!) At some time, when I get a little cash to spend on it, I still want to get the book and read it, if I can make the time.
I think everyone who likes to read good books without bad language to mess everything up and wants to get lost in another era should take the time and read Jane Austen's books!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment