Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Art Work







I love, love, love to paint on canvas! I use acrylic craft paint and then seal my pics with a gloss or matte sealer. I began painting one day when I had some cross stitch material and thought about doing some wall hangings. So I made this first little guy welcoming us into Autumn, because I am a huge Fall fan! I love all the pumpkins and scarecrows and the earth-tone colors and the cool weather. So many of my paintings are folk art/fall related and it doesn't even matter if it's summer or spring or winter, I love to paint in the primitive and folk art genre.
After I used up my scrap material, I bought 11 yrds of a good cotton material that was on sale for $1 a yard! SCORE! I was able to get many paintings out of it. Some I left the edges raw and some I hemmed and added a wooden dowel and twine for easy hanging.
Trees are another one of my favs! I've painted many different kinds. This tree was made in the primitive look. Its crooked trunk and curvy branches give it a spooky halloween-ish feel. I actually do have some Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas pictures that I painted, but they are all put away with my holiday decorations. I'll get them out closer to fall and post them then.
There are times, though, that I like to divert from the folk art look and do something crazy. Like this fish. This little guy is completely wild and the colors were exciting to work with! I really wanted to blend the colors together and have them fade into each other. I think I pulled it off well!
In my first post for today, I said I wouldn't take pictures of all of my paintings, but there really weren't many left over that I didn't take pictures of! Ha! And there have been paintings that I've given as gifts, so I don't have them readily available for snap shots. But, I hope you keep checking back, because there is more to come!~

No comments:

Post a Comment