Thursday, June 11, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Except for email, this is my first attempt at doing anything similar to what the rest of the world is doing on the internet. I usually run about ten years behind the times of new technology and it's been a couple of years since I first heard the word "blog"--what an odd name!--so I guess maybe I'm getting better!


I decided to try a blog since it's free and easy to set up and because my husband and others in my family have been trying to get me to show off my artwork. I figured even I could do this much. I read about setting up a website and it really scared me with all the optimizing and search engines and such. Right now I don't know if the blog thing is any different than that, but I decided "let's just see"! Sometimes ignorance can be bliss!


I also wanted to use this blog as a creative outlet for my writing. I love to write! I'm currently working on a story--a long story!--and I've also thought about doing short stories as well. Whatever I'm in the mood for.


So, as I go about working on my new blog, adding and deleting different ideas to see what works and what doesn't, I hope you will walk with me and give your input and ideas (or instructions!) so we will both have an enjoyable place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment